Shipping to Japan from the US
- Shipping Costs $34.90 /starting from
- Transit Times 2-4 days
- Duties & Taxes 10,000 JPY /min
- Prohibited ItemsSee Items List
Japan Duties and Taxes
Duties and taxes only apply on shipments where the value is higher than the threshold value (sometimes known as Japan's de minimis value). Depending on your territory or region, or the type of good, there may be some other service fees or taxes.
The Japan Customs Office has revised the clearance process.Effective 1 January 2018, all imports will be subject to a 15% VAT (value added tax), based on the total shipment value. Forward.me does not collect VAT and it will not be included on your Forward.me invoice. It is often collected by the Japan government via the carrier when your package is delivered. All shipments with a declared value over $266 USD will likely require a formal clearance, meaning the Japan government may require additional documentation. Forward.me can often assist with this additional documentation, but it may increase package processing time or result in processing charges.
- De minimis Value for Duty: 10,000 JPY*
- De minimis Value for Tax: 10,000 JPY*
When you choose to ship with Forward.me, we'll quickly process and deliver your packages.
Our average shipping times from the US to Japan are:
- Express shipping (preferred): 2 to 4 business days
- Economy shipping: 5 to 10 business days
Depending on when you enter your shipping request, and where you’re based in Japan, you may find that your parcels are received much faster.
There are some goods which are legally not allowed to be shipped between the US and Japan. These restrictions exist alongside Japan import laws, as well as US export laws.
If you find that you have ordered something that cannot be shipped to you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us as we can help you to arrange a return.
Some helpful guides on import restrictions for Japan:
- DHL import restrictions for Japan
- FedEx import restrictions for Japan
- UPS import restrictions for Japan
If you’re uncertain about whether your goods can legally be shipped from the US to Japan, get in touch with us today and our friendly customer service team can help.
Typical Goods That Cannot Be Shipped from the US to Japan
- Counterfeit items, such as fake designer shoes, branded clothing, purses and bags, watches, pirated CDs and DVDs, perfumes and illegally recreated electronics
- Firearms, bullets and ammunition, swords, daggers, non-kitchen knives (only kitchen knives are allowed)
- Non-roasted coffee beans
- Beans, except canned-beans
- Pet food or chews
- Awakening and psychotropic drugs and other illegal stimulants
- Marijuana, narcotics, opium, poppy straw
- Chia seeds
- Fresh, dried or frozen fruits
- Lottery tickets
- Fish meal
- Raw wool and leather
- Products made in North Korea or Iran
- 35mm and 70mm films
If you accidentally purchased something from the USA that cannot legally be shipped to SA, or if your items arrive at our warehouse broken, we will be happy to help you return them.
Cities Forward.me Ships to in Japan
We’ll ship American products to you door in any Japan's cities and regions, including:
- and all other Japanese cities
Your Forward.me package will be shipped quickly to your doorstep whether you live in Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu, Kinki, Chugoku, Shikoku or Kyushu-Okinawa.
Which US Stores Ship to Japan via Forward.me?
Our Japan members find it’s often cheaper to buy computers and laptops, shoes and sneakers, clothing (including kids and plus-sizes), dresses, makeup, baby gear (and more) from American stores instead of buying them in Japan.
We’ve helped Japanns--and people around the globe--shop more than 100,000 US retailers and ship their goods internationally. When you’re a Forward.me member, you can shop almost any American website, including these popular stores:
- NYX Cosmetics
- Ralph Lauren
- Century 21
- Urban Decay
- Victoria’s Secret
- Toys ‘R US
- The Disney Store
- J Crew
- Forever 21
- plus many more US stores!
So...which stores will you shop first? Join today and you’ll receive your Forward.me address right away.
US to Japan Postage: How much does shipping cost?
How much it will cost to ship to Japan from the United States? Use our shipping cost calculator, but keep in mind it won’t include discounts you may receive as a member, such as:
- Member-exclusive discounts with FedEx, DHL, UPS and the United States Postal Service.
- Extra 20% shipping discount for Premium members.
- Package consolidation savings when you buy from more than one US store (saves members an average of $400/year).
If you’re ready to buy from American stores online and save on shipping to Japan, become a Forward.me member today!
How long does it take to ship packages from the US to Japan?
Forward.me prides itself on delivering pristine packages as fast as possible. If you choose expedited or express shipping to Japan, your package will typically be delivered within 3 to 4 days of its arrival in our Delaware shipping center.
Economy or standard shipments can be expected to arrive within 5 to 10 days.